The main functions of the accounts branch are:
- Collection of revenue receipts relating to Excise duty, Entertainment tax, Betting tax, and other related receipts and maintenance of relevant records.
- Preparation of periodical returns and comparative statements of revenue receipts or expenditure.
- Preparation of budget proposals for Excise, Entertainment, and Betting tax etc.,
- Preparation of salary bills, contingent bills, medical bills, TA, LTC, arrears bills of staff of Excise and Entertainment tax.
- Calculation of income tax of the staff.
- Maintenance of GPF account of class IV staff.
- A concept of computarized single window system has also been introduced for collection of all types of duties and taxes to improve the convenience to the clients of the department as well as for immediate and error free preparations of financial records.
Last Update Date :- 16-03-2018
Page last updated on: 19-08-2019